Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Friday, May 24, 2013

No Stress

I've meantioned before that I had tried a dating site. Well...I'm no longer on that one. I moved to a different one and have found the free portion of the site much more user friendly. I have also discovered that dating can be a bit overwhelming.

Why? Because I have so many other things going on. I work a full time job, write (I have a book I so need to finish and get to my publisher), spend time with my girlfriends who are like sisters to me, and, of course, there's my adorable granddaughter. When do I have time to date? I'm serious. Between checking messages on the site, emailing back, setting a date, showing up...it sucks up alot of time to find out you really don't click.


What did I do? Decided to not spend any time looking for date. If a guy, not just any guy but a real prospect, sends me a message, I'll return it. I'll even go out. But I'm not stressing over it. I don't need a man. Most of the time I don't really want company. So, why have I bothered to begin with? Because everyone else makes you feel like you should be looking for someone. Bah! I decided I don't think so.

Do I have anymore free time than before? Not really. But my migraine headaches have eased up and I am way more relaxed. I really need to write and exercise. I have been such a slug. The weather is nice most days and I need some sunshine. A walk, a run, farmers market...something. Even sitting out, having a cup of coffee and jotting down a few book notes.

Friends mean well, society means well, but we all need to find out what we each need, individually. I'd love to find a great guy that I can spend quiet evenings with, crazy weekends with, and have fun vacations. Can a wait? Sure...There's no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment