Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing

The Next Big Thing

I'm hoping my book, should it get published, become the next big thing. So I'm going to tell you a bit about it to tease you so you'll be waiting for it when its time.


What is the working title of your book? I call it "Perfect"
Where did the idea come from for the book? I was having serious fantasies about Gerard Butler, the actor, I thought I should do something creative with all my energies.
What genre does your book fall under? It's a contemporary romance with a few medium heat sex scenes. Definitely not considered erotica.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Of course, Gerard Butler would be the lead male. The lead female, hmmm, Stockard Channing when she was 45-50 years old. Too bad she's much older than that now. Maybe Valerie Bertinelli....
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Alex lead a simple life until she met actor Derek Dunbar and he never expected to fall in love.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Hoping to have a publisher take me on. I would love the support of someone who knows the ins-and-outs. I can help with marketing but the other is all greek to me.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Took ma about 4 months, but 8 months to edit over and over and over.....Its never as perfect as you want it to be. Even with a title like Perfect, you always see flaws. At some point you have to let someone else decide if it needs any changing.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Its a typical contemporary romance but with a lot of travel. They challenge each other and see some amazing things.
Who or What inspired you to write this book? Gerard Butler. But I know he brings that out in many of his fans. I know a few other writers and artists that focus mainly on Gerard (Gerry to us die-hard fans). 
So now it's my turn to tag five of my fellow authors, or aspiring authors. Look for their posts next Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment