Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dating Again - Buyer Beware

If you've been reading my blog, you know I have attempted online dating. This is a continuation of what I am learning.

First, let me apologize to the guys who are honest and sincere in there search for a date online. I know there are some out there but they are truly few and far between.

Ok, in the first two months I was online I met four men. Out of those four, who were all nice guys, only one I still speak with. The first lasted three dates, wanted me to tell him he was an amazing guy and I just couldn't do it since I barely knew him. I didn't want to lie or lead him on. He got offended. The second was just one date - totally no chemistry. The fourth decided he REALLY liked me after three dates. Uh...no. Too needy and way too fast. The third I skipped on purpose. We actually still go out as friends. We have a lot in common and enjoy being with each other, but we decided we are better friends than lovers.

After all that, I left online dating for a couple weeks. I signed onto another site to see what would happen there. This is where my experience totally changed. There really are men out there who say they are widowed with kids to get the sympathy card. I'm guessing they are really married because they don't want your phone number, just IM and site chat. I thought I met a great guy but after two weeks, and refusing to call me, I figured there was something fishy. I stuck it out for a couple more weeks then called him out on it. He got a bit nasty but so be it.

I'm trying a third site but I think I will turn my profile off. It's been three days and I've had more admittedly married men telling me they aren't dead yet. Hmmm, at least they're honest? NOT. Oh, there's the twenty-something guys wanting to date a MILF (mother I'd like to f***). Even when I tell them they're my daughter's age and I'm not interested, they still ask me if I like lingerie. WTH? The occasional faux widower has also made an appearance. UGH!

All I can say is be cautious and weary. Good luck. If you've had experiences you'd like to share, good and bad, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment