Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Broken Spokes

"One of the best books I've read! As a little girl she had the courage and determination to overcome the hurdles put before her. As an adult more tragedies were thrown at her and she overcame those as well. She is definately a survivor!


Broken Spokes is more than a well-written, interesting read. It is an inspirational collection of the memories of a courageous child who, in spite of physical and emotional suffering, grew into a compassionate, loving and valiant woman. Crippled at age six, the author begins an odyssey which will consume her entire life. Through her sufferings, she finds a way to heal others, and in doing so, saves herself.

Biography of Arlene R. O'Neil
"Writing is what lights me up," states Arlene R. O'Neil. "Being a visual writer, I love seeing my work come to life: to take the reader with me on a journey word by word: to touch a reader whether through laughter or tears." Her current book, "Broken Spokes," refers to broken bones, broken bike, and broken spirit. It speaks to the reader of determination, of survival, of inspiration.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Mrs. O'Neil moved to South Carolina to work on her second novel, which will relate the roller coaster life of being the parent of a Soldier on active duty. O'Neil says, "My son, SGT Tanner O'Neil, is a member of the United States Army and the joy, pride, and love of my life. After five tours of duty to active war zones, I feel the need to share my experience with other parents in hope of lessening their fears." SGT O'Neil recently returned from his 5th combat tour.
Currently Arlene lives with her two Labradors, Holly and Bruno, and her adorable pet goats, Paxton, JaeJay, Rupert, Patches, and Frosty. "These amazing characters have helped me through some incredibly difficult times and I love them dearly."
Aside from writing, supporting her son while deployed, and caring for her animals, Arlene lives on 3 ½ acres of land that she and her beloved animals enjoy.
An author, editor and proofreader, Arlene R. O'Neil may be contacted at 
arleneoneil@aol.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment