Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Unrequited Love

This time of the year I love to watch the movie "The Holiday" where Kate Winslet plays a woman in love with a man who is marrying someone else. She thinks doing him favors like editing his book or doing his laundry will make him fall for her. She finds all her hard work is for nothing, the other woman wins him.

I can think of a man or two I fell for to find out "He Just Wasn't That Into me". No matter what is said or done, I'm just not the one for them. Doesn't hurt any less but I pick myself up, dust myself off and move on.



If you're familiar with the movie, Kate does something pretty outrageous...she goes on a last minute vacation from England to the USA. What's even crazier, she does a home swap...with Cameron Diaz who is also having man trouble. I don't know about you, but I've had some heart ache. Not enough to fly to England over, especially a last minute plane trip during the Christmas holiday. What's even nuttier is the fellow Kate is running from follows her because he needs a favor. I think I would have punched him in the nose! Some nerve, even after she has told him she's trying to get over him.

Ok, so where am I going with this? We can't run from relationships that don't exist. Can you stop talking to the person? Sure, provided it's not someone you work with (Kate worked with her sadist). Is it ok to cry your eyes out, throw something, delete their phone number and email? Naturally. But to run away for two weeks during the holidays, or any other time, may be a waste. First, you'll probably run into them when you get back. Second, one of your friends will run into them and tell you about it. And, third, in this day and age with social networking and online dating, you will see them, again and again. It just best you figure how you want to deal with it head-on instead of hiding from it.

What do you think? Have you had an unrequited love? Did you run and hide, or dabbed your eyes and got back on the horse? How do you deal with running into them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment