Welcome to Romance

I am a contemporary romance writer. I published my first novel, Take 2, in Dec 2012. I chat about relationships and love. I'm no expert! I'd love your feedback!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm Making Myself Crazy

Yes, that's right, crazy! I started NaNoWriMo today. 50, 000 words in 30 days. What was I thinking?Took me 2 hours, and many breaks, to bang out 1868 words. Can I actually do this? 

My greatest fear at this point is that my 50,000 word novel will end up a 20,000 word novella. Backup plan? To work on my CampNaNo project from August. I only made 3600 words into it and life took over. The goal is to be more focused this time. Once NaNo is over I need to work on another full length contemporary romance in my series. Busy, busy! 

Anyway, back to what was I thinking? Well, I have a ton of great writer friends, some doing this, some not, but who are very supportive. Its a wonderful cheering section. Even my publisher is participating. Its very encouraging. Oh, and lets not forget my friends, the physical ones, are all very supportive too. They've been giving me plot ideas and telling me how cool this whole idea is. I love writing. Not only the voices in my head encourage me (sometimes they are a bit snarky and lurk elsewhere and leave me stranded) but friends and family rally around me. I have the best! 

If you've ever thought about writing, watch comments on Facebook. You'll see a lot about NaNo. Its happening all around the world. Its actually produced published works (after a rigorous editing process - we don't edit or spell check as we go). Come along for the ride. I know there will be quite a few of us blogging about our experience as we go too. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    It sounds like fun. I didn't know what it was. I did see it here and there. Maybe after I finish my saga I will participate. Have fun!
    Patricia ♥

    ReplyDelete